Header Image
You are here: Livingston County, Michigan Animal Control How to File a Complaint
How to File a Complaint
Please call Animal Control at 517-546-2154 and talk to staff about your complaint. They will advise and send an officer if needed.  If there is an animal emergency—an animal attacking a person or a pet that is in immediate danger, please call 911. 
Please have the address where the offense has occurred. An officer needs to make sure they are the right home or location.
You are allowed one anonymous complaint on an address.  After that you must give your name and phone number. 
We do not get involved in person to person disputes.  We are concerned with an animal’s welfare.  If there is a dispute between two people, you need to call your local police department.