LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ECONOMIC PROFILES - 2013
ADVANTAGE LIVINGSTON PLAN
The vision of Advantage Livingston is for the increased and sustainable prosperity of the Livingston County, Michigan area.
- We will have a collaborative environment across governmental, education, nonprofit and business lines focusing on facilitation and cooperation.
- We will promote, sustain and value our rural and urban settings.
- We will provide a high quality of life for people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- We will excel in educational opportunities and performance.
- We will provide an environment that encourages innovation and creation of economic opportunities.
- We will support and invest in all types of mobility, including walking, bicycling, automobile and mass transit.
LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY (CEDS)
The Livingston County Department of Planning prepared and submitted a new (2014) Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). Required by the US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA), the CEDS allows the County along with its 20 municipalities to qualify for EDA assistance.
The CEDS is designed to guide:
- Economic growth of the County, it's member municipalities and the overall Southeast Michigan region.
- Helps create jobs, job expansion, and job retention.
- Fosters more stable and diversified economies and improves living conditions
- It provides a mechanism for coordinating the resources of individuals, organizations, local governments and private industry concerned with economic development
- Publication date: January 2014
Ann Arbor SPARK
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL OF LIVINGSTON COUNTY (EDCLC)
In 2011 SPARK formalized a partnership with the Economic Development Council of Livingston County (EDCLC) to provide economic development services to businesses in the area. SPARK and the EDCLC are working to advance the economy of Livingston County as well as the Ann Arbor area.
The EDCLC is a non-profit agency dedicated to the creation and sustainability of economic opportunities in-sync with the quality of life and unique characteristics of Livingston County. It is a one-stop resource for businesses seeking growth in Livingston County.