LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ECONOMIC PROFILES - 2013
ADVANTAGE LIVINGSTON PLAN
The vision of Advantage Livingston is for the increased and sustainable prosperity of the Livingston County, Michigan area.
To achieve that:
- We will have a collaborative environment across governmental, education, nonprofit and business lines focusing on facilitation and cooperation.
- We will promote, sustain and value our rural and urban settings.
- We will provide a high quality of life for people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- We will excel in educational opportunities and performance.
- We will provide an environment that encourages innovation and creation of economic opportunities.
- We will support and invest in all types of mobility, including walking, bicycling, automobile and mass transit.
LIVINGSTON COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (EDC)
Nonprofit agency dedicated to the creation and sustainability of economic opportunities in-sync with the quality of life and unique characteristics of Livingston County.
One-stop resource for businesses seeking growth in Livingston County, with services ranging from employee retention, transportation and housing, to site location assistance, job training grants and tax abatements.
LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
The Livingston County Department of Planning and the Livingston Economic Development Council (EDC) prepared and submitted a new (2007) Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the 20 municipalities that make up Livingston County, Michigan. Required by the US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA), the CEDS allows the County along with its 20 municipalities to qualify for EDA assistance.
The CEDS is designed to guide:
- Economic growth of the municipality count and region
- Helps create jobs
- Fosters more stable an diversified economies and improves living conditions
- It provides a mechanism for coordinating the resources of individuals, organizations, local governments and private industry concerned with economic development
Publication date: 2007