Role of the County Administrator
The Administrator's office is responsible for assisting the Board in meeting identified goals; developing annual budget recommendations; preparing agenda items for the Board of Commissioners; developing procedures to accompany Board policies; conducting program, departmental, and management analyses; and providing general administrative support.
The County Administrator also:
- Directs and coordinate the administration of the County government
- Directs the daily business of county building renovations or new construction of county buildings
- Recommends the appointment of department heads and provides general supervision
- Plans, coordinates and directs the preparation of the County annual budget through the Financial Officer
- Monitors financial activities for compliance with County policies and directives, recommending Board action, as needed
- Functions as a County liaison to independent boards, committees and outside agencies.