Pictorial History – Part 2
Livingston County, MichiganAirportPictorial History – Part 2
Livingston County
Spencer J. Hardy Airport
3399 County Airport Drive
Howell, MI 48855
Map to our location
Phone: 517.546.6675
Fax: 517.546.6656
Weather Line:
517.546.4450
Email: Airport

Pictorial History – Part 2

​​​​​

The Howell Airport before the paved runway was made.The City moved the airport to its present location in the early 1950's, and the County took over its ownership and operation in 1963. Now called the Livingston County Airport, there is still no pavement, but it's at its current location. Note that M-59 dead-ends at Grand River Avenue.
An alternate view of the early Airport.Here is another view of the early airport, this time looking west off towards Fowlerville.
​​The early airport with paved runways.By the mid 1960's we had a paved runway that didn't get shut down due to mud.​​

A propeller plane at a gas pump.The Livingston County Airport terminal building when it was new.


Here is the terminal building when it was new.  T​​hese automotive style gas pumps are long gone though, replaced with an above ground fuel farm.

Click here for Part 3​​​​​