The Shelter offers a spay/neuter clinic for low income households.
Clinics are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (this date may change, so please call to confirm.) You must contact us at (517) 546-2154 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule an appointment. Pets are to be dropped off between 8 – 9 a.m, and you will be called for pick up later the same day once your pet is released by the Veterinarian. Clinics for dogs fill up fast, so please call and reserve a spot! You must pay for the appointment in person the morning of the appointment, before the procedure. *No checks will be accepted for clinic procedures
Qualifying As Low Income
The sole purpose of this clinic is to reduce pet overpopulation by making spay/neuter available to low income pet owners. The clinic will not provide routine wellness care, treat sick or injured animals, nor perform any other type of surgery. Please see our low income chart to see if you qualify for this service.
|1||$9.94||$398|| $795|| $20,665|
You must be able to bring in the following so income can be verified: Medicaid, MiWIC, Paystub, W-2, Income tax form 1040 (line 7), notarized statement, Bridge Card, or Unemployment.
As required by Michigan law, your dog will need proof of current rabies vaccine and a State of Michigan dog license to be treated at our clinic. You MUST bring proof of rabies vaccine AND a current license with you.
If you do not have this, we will give your dog a rabies vaccine at an additional price of $15 and a dog license for $10.
Cats are required to have a rabies vaccine the day of the procedure. If the owner cannot provide proof, this cost is $15.
1 Year Rabies Vaccination
How to Sign Up for an Appointment
- Make sure that you qualify as low income.
- Make an appointment by calling (517) 546-2154 or email us at
email@example.com. Clinics are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Appointment must be paid for in advance of the procedure. You may pay in person the morning of the appointment, before the procedure.
- Locate your dog’s proof of rabies vaccination and State of Michigan dog license.
Day Of The Clinic
- Make sure your pet did not have food after midnight the night before. If they did, let us know. A pet with a full belly can have complications with surgery, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Drop your pet off between 8 – 9 a.m. on the morning of the clinic.
- Payment is required before the procedure. You must pay the MORNING of the surgery. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, debit cards, and cash. We do NOT accept "Care Credit."
- Cats must be in carrier or live trap, dogs must be on a leash. Please leave your dog in the car when you come into the Shelter to sign in and pay.