Livingston County Animal Shelter offers a spay/neuter clinic for low income households. Clinics are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Pets can be dropped off between 8 am – 9 am, you will be called for pick up later the same day once released by the veterinarian. You MUST make an appointment in order for your pet to be treated. Make an appointment by calling (517) 546-2154 or via e-mail at
. Clinics for dogs fill up fast so please call and reserve a spot! Appointment must be paid for in advance of the procedure. You must pay in person the morning of the appointment, before the procedure.
Qualifying as Low Income
The sole purpose of this clinic is to reduce pet overpopulation by making spay/neuter available to low income pet owners. The clinic will NOT provide routine wellness care, treat sick or injured animals, nor perform any other type of surgery. Please see our low income chart to see if you qualify for this service.
|1||9.94||398|| 795|| 20,665|
You must be able to bring in the following so Income can be verified: Medicaid, MiWIC, Paystub, W-2, Income tax form 1040 (line 7), notarized statement, Bridge Card, or Unemployment.
As required by Michigan law, your dog will need proof of current rabies vaccine and a State of Michigan dog license to be treated at our clinic. You MUST bring proof of rabies vaccine AND a current license with you.
If you do not have this, we will give your dog a rabies vaccine at an additional price of $15 and sell a dog license for $10.
Cats are required to have a rabies vaccine the day of the procedure if the owner cannot provide proof, this cost is $15.
1 Year Rabies Vaccination
How to Sign Up for an Appointment
- Make sure that you qualify as low income.
- Make an appointment by calling (517) 546-2154 or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Clinics are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Appointment must be paid for in advance of the procedure. You may pay in person the morning of the appointment, before the procedure.
- Locate your dog’s proof of rabies vaccination and State of Michigan dog license.
Day of the Clinic
- Make sure your pet did not have food after midnight the night before. If they did, let us know. A pet with a full belly can have complications with surgery, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Drop your pet off between 8 am – 9 am on the morning of the clinic.
- Payment is required before the procedure. You must pay the MORNING of the surgery. We accept: MasterCard, VISA, Discover and debit cards are accepted, as well as cash. We do NOT accept "Care Credit"
Cats must be in carrier or live trap, dogs must be on a leash. Please leave your dog in the car when you come into the shelter to sign in and pay.