Subcommittees of the Board of Commissioners
Meeting dates are subject to change and will not be scheduled on government holidays.
Please see the full Meeting Schedule for exact dates and locations.
It shall be the purpose of these subcommittees to:
- General Government and Health & Human Services: 1st Monday each month at 6:00 p.m.
- Personnel: 1st Monday of each month immediately following the General Government and Health & Human Services Committee meetings.
- Courts, Public Safety, & Infrastructure Development: 3rd Monday each month at 6:00 p.m.
- Finance and Asset Management: 3rd Monday each month immediately following the Courts, Public Safety, & Infrastructure Development Committee meetings.
- Facilitate the adequate and full implementation and administration of Board policies affecting the various County departments, offices and agencies;
- Serve as liaison - to study and advise the Board of Commissioners with respect to matters relative to the family of services involved requiring immediate action or long-range planning;
- Recommend modifications and changes in Board policy and procedures;
- Study and submit recommendations for adoption of County Ordinances;
- Study and advise Board as to acquisition, disposition and construction of facilities and equipment necessary to realize the services and activities directed by the Board of Commissioners;
- Review the activities of the County departments, agencies and offices to attain appropriate levels of coordination and operational effectiveness;
- Study, recommend and, where possible, assist promotion of applications for grant funding for County services; and
- Review and recommend priorities identified in meeting the objectives of the area of County services.
- The Finance and Asset Management Committee shall review all items having a financial impact on the
Chairperson, or in his/her absence, the Vice Chairperson, shall preside
at these Committee meetings.