- Obtain driveway permit from the
Livingston County Road Commission, if applicable
Obtain land use from township
- Approved Site Plan
- Plans Stamped by Township – (if applicable)
- Tax Code Number
- Lot number, Section Number
- Must provide LCBD with a receipt of approval from Twp. For PAID water/ sewer taps
- Acquire an address from
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Office
(Please Note that some addresses are not issued by Livingston County GIS. See
Map for addressing sources in Livingston County).
The following steps may be taken in any order.
- Complete building permit application and including:
- Location – Site address, Lot number, Section number, Sub-division name, etc.
- Vacant lots must have an address to apply for permit
- Proof of ownership of property
- Owner, builder, Architect, or Engineer Information
- Water Supply and Sewage Disposal Type
- Description of work to be done in complete detail.
- Directions to the work site
- Sign & date application by person(s) applying for the permit
- Provide two complete sets of signed and sealed plans:
- Soil boring test
- Signed & Sealed structural calculations
- Type & Use of all areas
- Complete information for all special occupancy requirements
- Complete specifications
- List all design loads for the building
- Energy code calculations (ASHRAE 90A-1980 AND 90B-1975)
- Floor Plan Details 1st, 2nd, Foundation Areas, etc.
- List all rated assemblies including a diagram of rated assembly & the design Number
- List all penetrations through rated assemblies and the approved design numbers
- Complete door schedule with catalog cuts for all doors and hardware including locks
- Complete window and glazing schedule
- Complete interior finish schedule with the flame spread ratings
- Front, Sides, and Rear Elevations
- Details showing accessibility requirements
- List the design professional in charge
- List of required special inspections
- Electrical design – including locations of all exit and means of egress lighting
- Plumbing design
- Mechanical design
- Provide statement indication shop drawings will be submitted for all fire protection systems
- Grading permit(s) or waiver from the
Livingston County Drain Commissioner, if applicable
- Septic & well permit(s) or waivers from the
Livingston County Environmental Health Department, if applicable
Electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits are not included with the building permit. These must be obtained from the Livingston County Building Department.
Click here for applications.
For commercial plan review questions call (517) 552-6724