1. Property must have an address in order to apply for permit.
*NOTE* EACH CONDOMINIUM UNIT MUST HAVE ITS OWN ADDRESS
2. Plan review fee is $100.00.
3. Land use permit from the township.
4. Soil erosion permit or waiver from the Livingston County Drain Commissioner.
5. Well and septic permits from Livingston County Environmental Health or sewer and water permits from Livingston County Building Dept. with proof of paid tap-in fees from township.
6. Driveway permit or waiver from the Livingston County Road Commission. If project is on a private road, a waiver is still necessary from Livingston County Road Commission.
7. Two (2) sets of plans that include construction details:
- Floor Plan
- Front, side and rear elevations
- Foundation plan with walkout details, if applicable
- Window and door sizes and placement
- Cross section detail
- One (1) site plan
- Insulation values, including windows & doors U factors
- 2015 Michigan Uniform Energy Code requirements
- New House Building Permit Submital Checklist
- If the house is over 3500 sq. ft., signed and sealed drawings from an architect are required.
*Note: Log cabins require thermal calculations. Wood basements require detailed drawing.