How to File/Register
Completion of the DBA Certificate:
- The business address must be a physical address. You may include a post office box in parentheses.
- List the city, village, or township, along with the county in which your business is located.
- Check the box that pertains to the type of business: individual, partnership, or trust.
- The names and home addresses of all owners must be legibly printed or typed.
- All signatures must be notarized. The County Clerk’s Office will do this provided each owner presents his/her driver’s license or other photo I.D.
- DBA – Instruction Sheet
- Click here to download a DBA form
There is a $10.00 filing fee for the DBA Certificate. Filing can be done in person or by mail. We accept cash, checks drawn on Michigan banks, or money orders made payable to the Livingston County Clerk. If the filing is done by mail, each owner’s signature must be notarized on the DBA Certificate.
You may visit the State of Michigan for information regarding how to file corporations and non-profit organizations.