The death must have happened in Livingston County for us to have the record . All others (including deaths of Livingston County residents that have died outside of the county) are kept by the county or state in which the death occurred.
To Obtain Death Certificates
Death Certificate requests received in-person are provided the same day. To request a death certificate in person at the Vital Records Office you must:
- Complete form Death Certificate Request Form
- Make payment by cash, check or charge* (*additional fee applies) (see "Fees" section below for more information)
To request a death certificate by mail you must:
- Include completed form Death Certificate Request Form
- Include payment (see "Fees" section below for more information)
- Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- Requests submitted by mail are processed within three (3) business days, and you should receive your copy(s) in seven (7) to ten (10) business days
Fees: One copy of a record is $15.00. Additional copies of the same record ordered at the same time are $5.00 each. Please send a check or a money order payable to: Livingston County Clerk.
The fee to search for a record for an unknown year is an additional $15.00.