Vital records are available for the County of Livingston dating back to 1867 for births and deaths, and 1836 for marriage records. The public is welcome to research family histories.
Vital Records Inspection Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Indexes are available for review only.
Certified copies of records are $25 for the first copy, and $10 for each additional copy of the same record.
The fee to search for a record for an unknown year is an additional $25.00
1. Researchers are not allowed to search birth records.
2. Researchers will be required to provide proper Identification when inspecting records and must register each time.
3. Indexes must be handled with care. They must not be altered, marked, folded or leaned on.
4. Researchers are prohibited from using ink pens.
5. No smoking, eating or drinking while viewing records.
6. Researchers will use the area designated by the clerk.
7. Copy machines, tracing or cameras are prohibited.