Running for Office in Livingston County
Step 1: What office are you running for?
To find the complete list of offices for 2019 and 2020, see our candidate listing, here.
If you are unsure of which precinct you are in, visit the Michigan Voter Information Center. This website allows you to view voter registration status, sample ballot, polling location, and voting precinct.
Step 2: Where do I file for office?
Elected Offices and Where to File
All federal, statewide, and judicial candidates (except Judge of Probate) file for office with Michigan Department of State's Bureau of Elections. The Bureau of Elections can be contacted by phone at (800) 292-5973 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates running for the following offices in 2019/2020 MUST file with their City or Township Clerk:
- Board of Review - City of Howell
- City Council Member or Commissioner
- Township Officers
- Hamburg Library Board Member
- Village Officers
Candidates running for the following offices in 2020 MUST file with the Livingston County Clerk:
- State Representative
- County Officers: Prosecuting Attorney, Sheriff, Clerk, Treasurer, Register of Deeds, Drain Commissioner
- County Commissioner
- Delegates to County Convention (Precinct Delegates)
- Judge of Probate Court
- Local School District Board Member
- District Library Board Member