Livingston County Limited Operations, Procedures, and Closures
While some Livingston County buildings are open to the public, please reference departmental sites to determine whether the building you wish to visit is open. The County will continue to fulfill as many of its obligations to provide government services as possible.
- The Airport remains open during regular scheduled hours.
- Phone: 517.546.6675
- Emergency and crisis services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. To access emergency services, please call 517.546.4126 or 800.615.1245.
- Persons seeking to begin new behavioral health or substance use services should contact the Intake and Access Department at 517.546.4126 or
All divisions of our office are now open for business from 8:00 a.m. until 5 p.m. Face coverings are required to enter buildings. Social distancing markers are in place in lobbies and hallways.
Please see below for specific online, by mail, or appointment options. For information on the Livingston County Courts, please go to https://www.livgov.com/courts/.
- 44th Circuit Court Clerk
- Website: https://www.livgov.com/courts/circuit/clerk
- Phone: 517-546-9816
- Fax: 517-548-4219
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Judicial Center is open for essential services and other such matters as scheduled by the Judge until further order of the Michigan Supreme Court.
- Elections Division
- Website: https://www.livgov.com/clerk/elections/
- Phone: 517-546-8177
- Fax: 517-546-4354
- Email: email@example.com
- Vital Records Division
- Website: https://www.livgov.com/clerk/
- Phone: 517-546-0500
- Fax: 517-546-4354
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New CPL applications are not processed after 4:30 p.m.
- Services either available online or by mail include:
- Certified copies of marriage and death certificates
- Concealed pistol license renewals
- FOIA requests - https://www.livgov.com/foia/
- Services available by mail include:
- Certified copies of Birth Certificate
- Instructions available at: https://www.livgov.com/clerk/Pages/order.aspx
- Certified copies of DD214 (must include a photocopy of ID with request)
- Assumed Name Registrations / DBAs (forms must be notarized)
The Livingston County Courts will remain open for essential services and other such matters as scheduled by the Judge until further order of the Michigan Supreme Court, pursuant to Supreme Court Administrative Order Nos. 2020-1, 2020-2, 2020-6, 2020-12, and 2020-14.
- All departments in our office are open for business from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Masks are required to enter the building. Social distancing is marked in the Lobby and Hallway.
- There is a drop box at the front door for paperwork drop-off. Applications can also be turned in at the counter, mailed to 2300 E Grand River, Howell, MI 48843 or emailed to
- After hours flooding and sewer emergencies, call 517.546.0040. You will be directed to indicate whether you are calling about an emergency or a non-emergency. Staff will be notified immediately of emergencies. Non-emergency voicemails will be addressed the next business day.
- Email (not suitable for emergencies):
- The Emergency Operations Center is at a Partial Opening/Monitoring status.
- In person meetings must have an appointment.
- Phone: 517.540.7926
- The Equalization Office is open, but the public is required to wear a mask and fill out a tracking form if in the office for more than 10 minutes.
- Phone: 517.546.4182
- The Friend of the Court office is open to the public
during normal business hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Face masks are required and anyone who is feeling sick is asked not to enter the office.
- Although the office is open, residents are encouraged to visit the MiChildSupport website, call the office at 877.543.2660, or email the office at
email@example.com for assistance.
- The Friend of the Court office will accept in-person payments at this time. However, payments can also be made conveniently by:
- Online at
- Pay by telephone at 877.543.2660
- Send a check or money order (payable to MISDU) to: Michigan SDU, P.O. Box 30351, Lansing, MI 48909-7851
- Please record your docket number on a check. You can also enclose a payment coupon with your check. The payment coupon can be found at
- Coronavirus Information available at
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is available to respond to health-related questions about COVID-19 on their hotline at 1.888.535.6136 or email questions to
- LCHD is available to respond to health and COVID-19 questions by phone at 517.546.9850 or email at
- The Immunization Clinic is open by appointment only. Call 517.546.9850 to schedule an appointment.
- General Questions Phone: 517.546.9850
- The public can access WIC services over the phone, including enrollment and issuing benefits. Please call 517.546.5459.
- Children's Special Healthcare Services can be reached at 517.546.9850.
- L.E.T.S. is operating normally with reduced vehicle capacity to allow for social distancing. Masks are required on all vehicles.
- The Transportation Complex is open, but masks are required for entry.
MSU Extension is open to the public, by appointment, with limited staffing Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8-12 and 1-5
Face masks are required and anyone who is feeling sick is asked not to enter the building.
It is recommended that the public call ahead before coming to the MSU Extension office to verify staff availability
Visit MSU Extension's
Remote Learning and Resources page for a wealth of helpful resources.
- Phone: 517.546.3950
- OLHSA is currently providing virtual services. Please call 248.209.2600 for assistance.
http://www.olhsa.org/ for available online services.
- Public access to the County Administration Building is restricted at this time, therefore all planning and zoning documents should be submitted to staff electronically.
- The Livingston County Prosecutor's Office is open for all operations, including Family Support.
- If you need to contact the Prosecutor's Office, please call 517.546.1850 or email
- The Public Defender's Office is open to the public by appointment only at this time.
- Phone: 517.540.8745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masks required for entry to building and office and must be kept on when in enclosed or public areas.
- General Public Users can also search
https://tapestry.fidlar.com/Tapestry2/ for a fee of $6.95 (and $1 per page purchased.)
- Title Professionals may use Laredo, but must have an account. Email
email@example.com or call 517.540.0270 to request access, and the office will respond in a timely manner.
- For emergencies, call 9-1-1
- For non-emergencies, call 517.546.9111
- For Jail related questions, call 517.546.2445
- Masks must be worn to enter the building.
- Individuals with pistol sales records and hand gun registrations can mail them to LSCO, 150 S. Highlander Way, Howell, MI 48843. There is also a drop-off box outside the Sheriff's Office entrance.
- The Veterans' Services Office is open by appointment only. Please call 517.546.6338 for assistance.
- If you have been working with a specific individual within the office and have their contact information, you may email or call them directly.
- Rides are still provided for medically necessary appointments only.