In order to be considered for the list of approved bondsmen for Livingston County, you must submit the following items annually, before December 1st, to apply for approval for the subsequent year.
- An Order for the Chief Judge to sign which includes the address and telephone numbers (collect and toll free) which will be used on the Approved List. A list of authorized agents and the amount of surety they are approved for must be contained in the order. Please include a signature line for Chief Judge Michael P. Hatty. (See proposed sample order);
- Bonding Agency Application and Affidavit (Form 4401) for Agency and Bond Agent Application and Affidavit (Form 4402) for agent (combined form);
- Agency License (must include DBA or Assumed Name, if applicable);
- Power of Attorney, with seal from the insurance company authorizing the company's agents to post bonds in the company's name;
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth Certificate of Authority for each insurance company;
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth License or Certificate of Good Standing for each agent listed;
- Valid Driver's License;
- A self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a copy of the approved list.
These documents must be postmarked before December 1st to apply for approval for the subsequent year. You must re-apply each year. Please do not call requesting to be added after the deadline.
List of Authorized Sureties Policy
Bondsmen Application *
2022 Bail Bond List
* Mail documents to:
204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 5
Howell, MI 48843