In order to be considered for the list of approved bondsmen for Livingston County, you must submit the following items before December 1st of each year preceding the year you wish to be approved:
- An Order for the Chief Judge to sign which includes the address and telephone numbers (collect and toll free) which will be used on the Approved List. A list of authorized agents and the amount of surety they are approved for must be contained in the order. Please include a signature line for Chief Judge David J. Reader. (See proposed sample order);
- A copy of agent's drivers license;
- A copy of agent's license from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs - Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation;
- Qualifying Power of Attorney for each agent;
- A self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a copy of the approved list.
These documents must be postmarked no later than December 1st of the year preceding the year which you are applying to be approved. You must re-apply each year. Please do not call requesting to be added after the deadline.
The current list of approved bondsmen for Livingston County can be found HERE.