The Circuit Court is no longer accepting email filings, but we do accept filings by fax.
See below for more information.
The Livingston County Circuit Court Clerk's Office is closed to the public pursuant to Livingston County Courts Local Administrative Order C44 2020-03J and State of Michigan Executive Order.
Although closed to the public, staff will be available to provide assistance by telephone, email, or facsimile
We encourage all users to take advantage of our services:
Fax Filing (See below)
We are accepting filings via:
Drop Box - This is located outside the front door of the Judicial Center at 204 South Highlander Way, Howell, Michigan. This is available until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020. For larger envelopes/packages, there is a drop box located in the vestibule just inside the front door.
Fax Filing Information
- A cover page is required and shall be included in the page count
- The document(s) must be one sided and on 8.5" x 11" paper
- The document(s) received shall be deemed to be the original. The sending party SHALL NOT provide another "original" for filing
- Any FOC or Judge's copy must be provided directly to those entities
- The faxed documents must contain a signature pursuant to MCR 2.114
- Documents received before 5 p.m. shall bear a date stamp of the day they were sent. Documents received after 5 p.m. shall bear a date stamp of the following business day
- There is a convenience fee of $1.50 per page to cover the costs in addition to the filing fee. The convenience fee will be waived if the document, including exhibits and cover page is five pages or less
- The documents must be faxed to (517) 548-4219. It is incumbent upon the sender to contact the Clerk's office at (517) 546-9816 and verify that the documents were received. If there are associated convenience fees and/or filing fees, they shall be prepaid by credit card over the phone at that time, after which the documents will be printed by the clerk's office and deemed received. That is the only payment method accepted for filing by fax at this time.
- The Clerk's office will not mail or email true copies of any documents or copies of receipts to the sender
Livingston County Clerk
204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 4
Howell, MI 48843
(517) 546-9816 / fax (517) 548-4219
You may file by Facsimile, but not by email.
To email the County Clerk directly: email@example.com
If an employee of our office has gone above and beyond to display outstanding customer service, please nominate
share your story with us. Nominations may be submitted by anyone, including members of the public, co-workers, supervisors,
elected officials, etc. Each quarter, a committee will review nominations and select an employee to be awarded for providing
Outstanding Customer Service of the Quarter. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our employees!