THE LIVINGSTON COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL APRIL 14, 2020 PURSUANT TO LIVINGSTON COUNTY COURTS LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER C44 2020-03J AND STATE OF MICHIGAN EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-21
Although closed to the public, staff will be available by telephone, email, or facsimile
We encourage all users to take advantage of our expanded services:
FAX FILING (See below)
FILING BY EMAIL (See below)
We are accepting filings via:
Emergency Filing Drop Box - This is located in the vestibule of the Judicial Center at 204 South Highlander Way, Howell, Michigan. It is reserved for emergency filings only that cannot be accomplished via fax or email due to lack of access. This is only available until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Fax and Email Filing Information
- A cover page is not required, although it is appreciated
- The document(s) must be one sided and on 8.5" x 11" paper
- The document(s) received shall be deemed to be the original. The sending party SHALL NOT provide another "original" for filing
- Any FOC or Judge's copy must be provided directly to those entities
- The faxed documents must contain a signature pursuant to MCR 2.114
- Documents received before 5 p.m. shall bear a date stamp of the day they were sent. Documents received after 5 p.m. shall bear a date stamp of the following business day
- Certain convenience fees for fax or email filings are waived if they are filed prior to 5 p.m., Sunday, April 5, 2020. Please contact the office.
- The documents must be faxed to (517) 548-4219 or emailed to WClerks@livgov.com. It is incumbent upon the sender to contact the Clerk's office at (517) 546-9816 and verify that the documents were received. If there are associated filing fees, they shall be prepaid by credit card over the phone at that time, after which the documents will be deemed received. That is the only payment method accepted for filing fees at this time.
- The Clerk's office will return issued summons, subpoenas, and orders via email when possible; otherwise, they will be sent via US mail.
Livingston County Clerk
204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 4
Howell, MI 48843
If an employee of our office has gone above and beyond to display outstanding customer service, please nominate
share your story with us. Nominations may be submitted by anyone, including members of the public, co-workers, supervisors,
elected officials, etc. Each quarter, a committee will review nominations and select an employee to be awarded for providing
Outstanding Customer Service of the Quarter. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our employees!