Landlord Tenant

Landlord Tenant

Proceedings to recover possession of premises and/or obtain a money judgment.

This action must be filed at the District Court where the premises are located. If there is a claim for a money judgment on a landlord tenant case the District Court has jurisdiction up to $25,000. If a claim for money judgment exceeds the court's jurisdiction, the District Court determines the possession issue and the Circuit Court determines the money portion.

Filing Fees:

All checks made payable to: 53rd District Court.

Landlord Tenant Forms

Landlord Tenant Information and Resources

Possession only $55.00
Land Contract Forfeiture Only $55.00
Possession and Money Judgment
Land Contract Forfeiture and Money
$0 - $600 $90.00
$601 - $1,750 $110.00
$1,751 - $10,000 $130.00
$10,001 - $25,000 $215.00
Jury Demand $50.00
Motion Fee $20.00