The Livingston County Assessor’s Association is an organization dedicated to: The education of its members in regard to existing and new legislation, Michigan State Tax Commission rules and regulations, Michigan Tax Tribunal decisions and the Attorney General’s Opinions relating to the promulgation of assessing and taxing duties in local government.
The Association offers a scholarship for assessing education towards increasing certification levels, continuing education and/or to enhance assessment education. It is open to any member of the Association in good standing.
Scholarship Application Guidelines:
1. Applicant must be a LCAA member (Regular or Subscribing) in good standing at time of application and reimbursement.
2. Scholarship covers one class & exam (if applicable), NOT to exceed $500.00
3. Applications due November 1st through November 30th, it is the goal of the committee to evaluate and select recipients by December 15th. Acceptance letter mailed out by Jan 1st. Class to be taken that calendar year. Reimbursement offer expires 1 year after issued. (Except for certification programs)
4. Reimbursement made upon supplying class/test payment receipt along with written verification of successful completion of course (and/or exam) within 30 days of completion to the Scholarship Committee or the LCAA Chairperson for approval of reimbursement.
5. Class needs to be State Tax Commission (STC) Approved for scholarship reimbursement.
6. Classes can go toward certification, continuing education or to enhance assessment administration knowledge.