1. Use of the Courthouse grounds requires approval of the Board of Commissioners.
must be pre-event communication between the Building Services Department (517-546-6491) and the party responsible for the event, to review different needs and requirements of the event and to answer any questions.
3. No animals or vehicles are allowed on the lawn or sidewalks.
4. Nothing will be placed on the lawn that could be harmful to grass or trees.
Nothing is to be staked or driven into the grounds.
6. Ropes and/or barricades will not be placed where they could be hazardous.
7. The buildings and lawns are not to be enclosed or roped off during the work day.
8. The parking lots are to be opened during the work week and are not to be closed off.
9. The grounds will be cleaned by responsible party of event after each use or arrangements will be made to cover the cost of cleaning.
10. An Application and/or A Rules for Use of County Grounds & Facilities form must be signed by the responsible party to acknowledge responsibility for payment of any damages that might occur to lawn/buildings/facilities during designated event(s).
11. Upon request of the County, an insurance liability policy will be required.
12. Any group using County grounds and causing damages shall be required to reimburse the County for the cost of said damages.
13. Fees for use of County Grounds and Historical Courthouse for non-county related events:
a. Events on county grounds: $25 per event
b. Events in the Historical Courthouse: $25 per each day of event
14. Fee must be paid before the date of use. Checks can be made payable to the “County of Livingston.”
15. The county requires the applicant to obtain liability insurance when using county grounds and the historical courthouse listing Livingston County as an “additional insured.”
16. The rules for use of courthouse grounds / historical courthouse / county buildings, must be complied with.
17. The Board of Commissioners, in the exercise of its discretion, may grant variances from these rules and requirements for cause shown on a case-by-case basis.
Rules for Use of County Conference Rooms
1. All meetings must be supervised by a responsible adult.
2. No food is allowed in county buildings.
3. No building may be used for economic or for profit purposes. Uses permitted pursuant to this policy are community service, charitable, non-profit and social only.
4. The rules for use of courthouse grounds / historical courthouse / county buildings,
must be complied with.
5. The county may require the applicant to obtain liability insurance listing the county as an additional insured.
6. Any group using county property or facilities and causing damages shall be required to reimburse the county for the cost of repair/replacement of same.
7. Rooms must be cleaned after each use or arrangements will be made to cover the cost of cleaning.
8. Fees for use of County conference rooms for non-county related events: $25
9. The Board of Commissioners may grant variances from these rules and requirements for cause shown in the exercise of is discretion on a case-by-case basis.