How to Report Map Errors

How to Report Map Errors

My address cannot be found or shows in the wrong place in mapping websites or my GPS Unit.  What can I do to correct the mapping information?

Many websites are now available to search for an address and its approximate location is placed on a map.  Driving directions from one location to another can also be obtained from these websites.  The data that powers these websites sometimes comes from a third party vendor and is updated according to meet their standards and timeline.  We do not know when or how often their data is updated. 

Report an Error to MapQuest

If you cannot find an address in MapQuest, contact their Customer Support team.  MapQuest receives their map and road data from NAVTEQ.  You can also report an error using the Here formerly known as NAVTEQ Map Reporter website.

Report an Error to Google Maps

A link to ‘Report a problem’ is available from Google Maps in the lower left corner of the website.  Alternatively, you can use Google Map Maker to report an incorrect address placement, street name error, or problems with driving directions.   You will need a Google account in order to edit the map using the Map Maker website.

Report an Error to Bing Maps

A ‘Feedback’ link to report a problem to is available from Bing Maps in the lower left corner of the website.

Report an Error to TomTom

While you may think of TomTom as a GPS company, they also create map and road data used in other websites or GPS units.  To report an error to TomTom, visit their Map Share Reporter website.

Report an Error to Garmin

If you own a Garmin GPS unit, use their online form to report a map error.
Other GPS manufacturers will most likely provide a similar method for reporting a map or driving directions error.  Check the website for your GPS unit to find out how to submit a map correction.