The Environmental Health Division strives to promote health and quality of life by preventing or controlling potential health consequences that may result from interactions between people and their environment. A summary of environmental health programs can be found below. Please use the linked title to further explore programs within each topic.
- LCHD evaluates of facilities in Livingston County that perform tattooing (including permanent cosmetics), body piercing (except for just piercing the ear), or branding. They must have a license from the State of Michigan and must be inspected annually by the Livingston County Environmental Health Division.
- LCHD evaluates food service establishments to ensure proper food handling and review standard operations to eliminate potential food borne illness. LCHD trains and certifies food service employees and managers.
Housing and Indoor Air
- LCHD provides information and consultation on various sources of air pollutants and housing issues, such as bed bugs, radon, mold, lead, asbestos, mercury, carbon monoxide, environmental tobacco smoke, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- LCHD evaluates conditions for suitability of onsite sewage disposal, evaluates system construction, and complaints of improper operation and maintenance of onsite sewage disposal facilities. LCHD acts as the local permitting agency for all residential and small commercial onsite sewage treatment systems.
- LCHD is working collaboratively with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to evaluate the potential for indoor air quality health risks in areas with historical groundwater contamination sites.
- LCHD acts as the local permitting agency for all residential and small public water supply systems and maintains active involvement in mapping and monitoring sites of environmental concern within the county.
Well & Septic Records
- View land records, includes permit documents, with associated site plans, and inspection information.