Additional doses for moderately to severely immunocompromised people:
Currently, the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization practices (ACIP) recommends a third dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine for certain immunocompromised individuals. This includes people who have:
We recommend individuals talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Livingston County Health Department is now offering additional (third) doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to people who meet the criteria above by appointment only. Please bring your COVID-19 immunization card to the appointment.
- To schedule a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine, please use one of the scheduling links above.
- To schedule a third dose of the Moderna vaccine, visit https://www.vaccines.gov/search/.