Updated October 20, 2020
Businesses Reporting a COVID-19 Positive Worker
Businesses located within Livingston County, Michigan can report a COVID-19 positive worker by completing the COVID-19 Business Reporting Form here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5756958/COVID-19-Business-Reporting-Form
Employees Requesting a Return to Work Letter
If you are an employee of a Livingston County business wishing to request a return to work letter, please complete our self-reporting form found here: https://bit.ly/2VRpPWg
For a quick summary of COVID-19 business requirements and recommendations, please review our COVID-19 Business Resource Guide and watch our brief guidance video below.
Make a Complaint About a Business Operating in Violation of Orders
To report concerns or complaints about essential businesses, social distancing, masks, or other concerns:
- Employees with a complaint about an employer
- Consumers with complaints about a food establishment related to COVID-19 or requirements of the Epidemic Orders
- Visit https://bit.ly/2NprNsH
- Select the link on the page labeled "Food safety, migrant labor housing, pesticides, animal and plant health, gas stations"
- Or call local law enforcement's non-emergency line
- If the local law enforcement agency is unable to assist, email the complaint to the Attorney General at AG-COVID19@michigan.gov and include:
- Name of person or business violating the Executive Order
- Date of violation
- Location of violation; and
- A brief description of the situation.
View Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Epidemic Orders. Questions about state orders can be directed to MDHHS-EO-FAQ@michigan.gov.
View Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) Emergency Orders.
These orders are in place to maintain COVID-19 precautions, including using face coverings, maintaining 6 feet of distance from people not in the same house, limiting the size of social gatherings, and following all public health guidance to prevent the spread of illness.
See the state coronavirus website at Michigan.gov/coronavirus for more information.
MIOSHA COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance - Guidelines for various industries, as well as information on filing a complaint.
Livingston County Information for Businesses and Entities
Screening, social distancing, face coverings, and additional public health strategies to protect everyone's health to the greatest extent possible are detailed within MDHHS Epidemic Orders and under guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Business Reopening Guidance & Resources
- Livingston County Guidance to Reopen Workforce - Guidance from the Livingston County Health Department for all businesses reopening or expanding services. Also see the COVID-19 FAQs for Workplaces.
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Center - Industry-specific guidance, including building, manufacturing, retail, dining, shopping, offices, health care, and more.
- PPE Procurement & Supplier Platform - Pure Michigan Business Connect (PMBC) is working to match Michigan-based suppliers with Michigan-based companies in need of PPE and other resources. Complete the intake form on their website to get a list of resources that fit your needs. The Michigan Manufacturer's Association also has resources on COVID-19 related products and services.
- MIOSHA: Workplace safety guidance, including guidance for specific industries and information on how to file a complaint
- MI Safe Start: A Guide to Re-engage Michigan's Economy - State of Michigan plan and stages of response. Find more information on the MI Safe Start website.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Guidance on Reopening Communities, Schools, Workplaces, and Events.
- Operational Toolkit for Businesses Considering Reopening or Expanding Operations in COVID-19 - Instruction Manual from the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
- Building signs - Signs about masks, staying home if sick, and social distancing from Livingston County Health Department.
Protective Equipment (PPE) Resources
Procurement & Supplier Platform - Pure Michigan
Business Connect (PMBC) is working to match Michigan-based suppliers with
Michigan-based companies in need of PPE and other resources. Complete the
intake form on their website to get a list of resources that fit your
needs. The Michigan
Manufacturer’s Association also has resources on COVID-19
related products and services.
Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of companies
that source, manufacture or distribute PPE equipment.
Swimming Pool Resources
- Livingston County Restaurant Reopening Toolkit
- Masks Required Except When Seated at Your Table
(flyer to post)
should stay home if they
have tested positive for or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- from the CDC
and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (e.g., door handles,
cash registers, workstations, sink handles, bathroom stalls) at least
daily, or as much as possible and as required by food safety requirements.
Clean shared objects (e.g., payment terminals, tables, countertops/bars,
receipt trays, condiment holders) between each use. - from the CDC
- Michigan Restaurant Association reopening and
Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery
Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic - from the FDA
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Workplaces
Child Care & Day Camp Resources
Outdoor Recreational Facility Resources
Community and Faith-based Organization Resources
More Information for Businesses
If you have additional COVID-19 questions, contact Livingston County Health Department at COVID19@livgov.com or call 517-546-9850 and ask to be transferred to the COVID-19 Hotline. To leave a voicemail after hours, press 6 to be transferred to the COVID-19 Hotline voicemail. In your message, please include your name, contact information, a brief description of your questions/concerns, and indicate whether you would like a return phone call.