WIC Office:  517-546-5459

WIC is a federal health and nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and young children eat well and stay healthy. WIC also provides nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support and help accessing health care and other resources. WIC enrollment is based upon income and nutritional needs.

WIC is available for:

  • Pregnant women
  • Women who are breastfeeding a baby that is less than 1 year of age
  • Women who have had a baby in the past 6 months
  • Infants and children under the age of 5 years

WIC Enrollment
Does your family qualify for the WIC program?  You automatically qualify for WIC benefits if on Medicaid, receiving SNAP (food stamps), or in foster care.  If you are not enrolled in these programs, refer to the WIC Income Guidelines.
Contact the WIC office at (517) 546-5459 for information about how to apply.

Lead Testing

The WIC program at the Livingston County Health Department provides information about lead poisoning and prevention and offers lead testing to WIC clients under age 5 based on requirement set forth in the Michigan Public Act 286 of 2006.  Blood lead testing is done during the WIC child’s clinic visit starting at 12 months of age, up to age five, if testing has not previously been done by another healthcare provider.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
The Livingston County WIC agency provides educational resources, breastfeeding support, and a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor for our WIC clients.  You can contact the Peer Counselor at (517) 375-0554. The program is free and can help you find answers to your questions about feeding your baby.  Peer Counselors are moms who have breastfed their babies and are trained to help other moms.  She will:
  • Provide phone/text support
  • Meet with you at the WIC clinic
  • Help you deal with problems such as poor latch, engorgement, milk supply, sore nipples
  • Teach you how to use a breast pump
  • Breastfeeding class


"In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (202) 720-2600.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

Mail to: 
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

Fax:   (202) 690-7442 or

Email:  program.intake@usda.gov

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."