Congratulations to our 2nd Quarter Employee Recognition Winner:
Ken Recker- Drain Department
The individual who nominated Ken wrote:
"For over 22 years, Ken Recker, Chief Deputy Drain Commissioner, has been serving Livingston County and its residents. His stored knowledge of property and drainage history is invaluable. He approaches every task with professionalism and every person with respect. His shoulders take the weight of much responsibility which he handles with perseverance, but more importantly, with integrity. His extra efforts, dedication, insights, and opinions are all extremely valuable to the successful undertakings of the Drain Commissioner’s office. Most of all, he demonstrates the quality of humility, which can be hard to find in today’s business world.
Ken is trusted to professionally represent the Drain Commissioner and the office to other municipal staff and various governmental officials. He also routinely meets with the public to discuss difficult property issues. He strives to always be respectful and to be helpful with advice, assistance, or referral – even when a person may be emotional or volatile. He enjoys good humor, and his laugh itself will make anyone smile. Ken has done more than just fulfill the responsibilities of his position, and he has done so with no pursuit of recognition or accolade. After so many years of dedicated, professional, significant service, I highly recommend Ken for Employee Recognition.
A specific example:
In the process of responding to a petition to construct a new drain, the petition circulator’s property sold right about the time of the Day of Review of Assessment. The Drain Code only requires that we send the notice to the owner on the last assessment roll. But when the letter addressed to the PO Box of the original owner was returned, Ken made a point of personally going out to the property and visiting with the new owner to ensure he received the notice and to discuss the impact and likely assessment on his property. This is typical of the personal attention Ken gives to his work and to the public."
Number of Years Employed by Livingston County:
You would be surprised to learn that:
"I’m not a very good swimmer. However I
don’t mind wading."
What are some small things that make my day better:
"Glenda (my wife) or Olivia (my daughter)
checking in on me. Conversing with fellow municipal engineers.
Troubleshooting a simple problem by looking at historical aerial imagery.
Taking a walk around the parking lot in the middle of the day."
Favorite genre of movie:
"It drives Glenda nuts but I enjoy the Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns (For a Few Dollars More, Outlaw Josey Wales, etc.)"
Our 2nd quarter nominations:
- Kristy Andrews - Probate
- Cory Baker - IT
- Chris Beaupre - Facility Services
- Lisa Blades - District Court
- Donna Blevins - Animal Shelter
- Joseph Bridgman - County Clerk
- Katey Brooks - Central Services
- Jessica Brzys - Central Services
- Vicki Calkins - Drain Department
- Dawn Ducett - District Court
- Mary Durst - Veterans Services
- Sandy Engel - FOC
- Elyse Fuentes - Clerk-Legal Division
- Kristen Genovese - District Court
- Diane Gregor - IT
- Joseph Hahn - EMS
- Jonathan Hall -Veterans Services
- Toby Hanna - Facility Services
- Sherry Hauck - Clerk- Legal Division
- Jacki Hawkins - County Clerk
- Kathryn Heath - District Court- Probation
- Mary Helfmann - Register of Deeds
- Robyn Hodge - Treasurer
- Steve Hoyer - IT
- David Huntley - FOC
- Terri Jensen - Treasurer
- Buffy Kahl - L.E.T.S.
- Mary Kuzner - County Clerk
- Chelsey Lako - Facility Services
- Dan Lorigan - District Court
- Jennifer McGinty - Drain Department
- Barbara McInnes - District Court
- Shelly Messing - Drain Department
- Teresa Murrish - Equalization
- Jennifer Nash - Treasurer
- Katie Niehaus - Juvenile Courts
- Shera Novak - District Court- Probation
- Kelly Ochodnicky - Clerk- Legal Division
- Brittany Pendleton - Probate Court
- Ken Recker - Drain Department
- Carol Shaw - Building Department
- Shawn Shaw - Clerk- Legal Division
- Crystal Simmons - County Clerk
- Janet Slavin - Health Department
- Heather Smothers - Probate Court
- Amy Tinnion - Clerk-Legal Division
- Bryan Varacalle - Drain Department
- Dan Williams - EMS