Workgroup Goal: Develop a suicide prevention plan for Livingston County
1. Create a community where suicide is viewed as a mental health crisis that can be prevented.
2. Identify community values around the issue of suicide
3. Decrease stigma associated with mental illness
4. Increase help seeking behaviors
5. Identify risk and protective factors
6. Identify training needs and develop a training plan
7. Identify available data and gaps in data
8. Broaden awareness of community resources through collection of current services/efforts
9. Develop short and long term recommendations for programming and public awareness
Success of the Mental Health Awareness Workgroup depends upon the ongoing commitment of Livingston County organizations, schools, businesses, officials, local government and residents. Together they work to ensure all county residents are represented and gaps are addressed.
Please contact HSCB for a list of current members.
MHA brochure full.pdf
Suicide Prevention Card.pdf
MHA Coping with the Stress of COVID-19.pdf
Staying well During COVID-19 vol. 2.pdf
2021 Wellness Newsletter