... your link to better community transportation
Listings published by SEMCOG indicate that there are more than 200 transportation providers in southeast Michigan. Can you name those in Livingston County? How well do they serve your constituency? Would you like to work with them more creatively?
Attendance at Livingston Essential Transportation Service (L.E.T.S.) Local Advisory Coordinating Council meetings may be your ticket to better transportation connections. Convened each quarter by L.E.T.S., the LACC addresses local transportation challenges. By joining the LACC, you can work with other business, government, and nonprofit leaders to keep transportation on track in your community!
Consider these recent activities of the L.E.T.S. Local Advisory Coordinating Council:
- overseeing Specialized Services grants
- developing and implementing regional transportation services
- completing customer satisfaction surveys
- organizing county-wide computer routing and scheduling programs
With your involvement, the LACC can pursue many other creative initiatives of benefit to your service population.
We invite you to join the L.E.T.S. Local Advisory Coordinating Council!
- Learn more about local public transportation options and challenges.
- Gain access to funding sources for transportation services.
- Work with others to avoid duplication, fill service gaps, and save money.
- Build cooperative relationships with other transportation providers.
- a provider of specialized or private transportations services?
- an organization serving older adults or people with disabilities?
- a local government official or planner?
- a hospital, HMO, or other health care provider?
- an organization whose customers can't access services because of a lack of transportation?
- someone interested in efficient and responsive transportation services in your community?
... then come on board!
For more information about transportation coordination activities in your community, contact L.E.T.S. Director