Visioning Statement Exercise:
- A 20 minute exercise with a 10 minute reporting time.
- Each table contained post-it notes and red dots.
- A County-wide municipality goals and objectives matrix was supplied to stimulate ideas.
- Each participant was asked to imagine that they had been living in another country for the last 20 years and were now returning to Livingston County - What changes did they expect to see in this time period?
- Each individual recorded their county changes on post-it notes
- Each individual then arranged the post-it notes by subject area and discovered what the top priorities of that table were.
- As a final step, participants placed red dots on any post-it note that they could NOT support.
Outcomes from this Exercise:
(1) Master Plan chapters that cover all subjects of importance raised through the Visioning Session.
(2) Issue identification at the beginning of each Master Plan chapter that is inclusive of issues raised in the Visioning Session.
(3) The creation of a Master Plan Vision Statement illustrated with pictures and renderings.
VISIONING STATEMENT EXERCISE EXAMPLE:
(click map to view larger image)