Frequently Asked Questions
Livingston County, MichiganPlanningFrequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Through County Planning's general email addresses we receive many interesting inquiries ( or  The following are some of the most frequently asked questions:
$Expand=File&$orderby=Order asc
Does the Lutz County Park have any picnic facilities?,

Yes, there are handicap-accessible picnic tables placed at a couple of park locations within close proximity of the parking lot/entrance area.  Future park plans include a picnic shelter and a restroom near the park entrance.

Who are the major employers in Livingston County?,

County Planning periodically researches this information and has created a table of the 2009 Largest Employers In Livingston County for our Data Book & Community Profiles document.  Planning Staff can email or fax this table to interested parties

Does Livingston County have funding available for energy conservation and other home improvements?,

Yes, the County receives Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) fund that the Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) administers.  These funds are available to income qualified home owners for rehabilitation of owner-occupied single family residences.  For further details contact OLHSA at 517.546.8500 ext 4113 or visit their website at: