LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ECONOMIC PROFILES - 2013
Ann Arbor SPARK
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL OF LIVINGSTON COUNTY (EDCLC)
Ann Arbor SPARK
Economic Development Council of Livingston County
2011 SPARK formalized a partnership with the Economic Development
Council of Livingston County (EDCLC) to provide economic development
services to businesses in the area. SPARK and the EDCLC are working to
advance the economy of Livingston County as well as the Ann Arbor area.
EDCLC is a non-profit agency dedicated to the creation and
sustainability of economic opportunities in-sync with the quality of
life and unique characteristics of Livingston County. It is a one-stop
resource for businesses seeking growth in Livingston County.
LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY (CEDS)
The Livingston County Department of
Planning prepared and submitted a new (2014) Comprehensive Economic
Development Strategy (CEDS). Required by the US Department of Commerce
Economic Development Administration (EDA), the CEDS allows the County
along with its 20 municipalities to qualify for EDA assistance.
The CEDS is designed to guide:
- Economic growth of the County, it's member municipalities and the overall Southeast Michigan region.
- Helps create jobs, job expansion, and job retention.
- Fosters more stable and diversified economies and improves living conditions
provides a mechanism for coordinating the resources of individuals,
organizations, local governments and private industry concerned with
- Publication date: January 2014
MICHIGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
offers grants and loans to redevelop Michigan’s downtowns and foster
historic preservation. By encouraging a compact mixture of uses and
walkable urban fabric, we decrease the impact of sprawling development
and efficiently utilize infrastructure. This development promotes
environmentally and fiscally sustainable environments that attract
talent and business and keep our youth here.
ADVANTAGE LIVINGSTON PLAN
The vision of Advantage Livingston is for the increased and sustainable prosperity of the Livingston County, Michigan area.
To achieve that:
will have a collaborative environment across governmental, education,
nonprofit and business lines focusing on facilitation and cooperation.
- We will promote, sustain and value our rural and urban settings.
- We will provide a high quality of life for people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- We will excel in educational opportunities and performance.
- We will provide an environment that encourages innovation and creation of economic opportunities.
- We will support and invest in all types of mobility, including walking, bicycling, automobile and mass transit.