LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMMUNITY ECONOMIC PROFILES - 2013
US CLUSTER MAPPING: LIVINGSTON COUNTY ECONOMIC REGIONAL DASHBOARD
This Region Dashboard provides data on the economic
performance, cluster composition, and sub-regional composition of this
SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN REGIONAL PROSPERITY INITIATIVE
Michigan has earned the title of America’s comeback state. It’s an economic success story that would not be possible without collaboration by the public, private and nonprofit sectors. Our shared accomplishments during the past two years underscore the need to work in partnership toward a common vision of economic prosperity. That’s the goal of Gov. Rick Snyder’s Regional Prosperity Initiative
LIVINGSTON COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY (CEDS)
The Livingston County Department of Planning prepared and submitted a new (2014) Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). Required by the US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA), the CEDS allows the County along with its 20 municipalities to qualify for EDA assistance.
The CEDS is designed to guide:
- Economic growth of the County, it's member municipalities and the overall Southeast Michigan region.
- Helps create jobs, job expansion, and job retention.
- Fosters more stable and diversified economies and improves living conditions
- It provides a mechanism for coordinating the resources of individuals, organizations, local governments and private industry concerned with economic development
- Publication date: January 2014
MICHIGAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
MEDC offers grants and loans to redevelop Michigan’s downtowns and foster historic preservation. By encouraging a compact mixture of uses and walkable urban fabric, we decrease the impact of sprawling development and efficiently utilize infrastructure. This development promotes environmentally and fiscally sustainable environments that attract talent and business and keep our youth here.
ADVANTAGE LIVINGSTON PLAN
The vision of Advantage Livingston is for the increased and sustainable prosperity of the Livingston County, Michigan area.
To achieve that:
- We will have a collaborative environment across governmental, education, nonprofit and business lines focusing on facilitation and cooperation.
- We will promote, sustain and value our rural and urban settings.
- We will provide a high quality of life for people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- We will excel in educational opportunities and performance.
- We will provide an environment that encourages innovation and creation of economic opportunities.
- We will support and invest in all types of mobility, including walking, bicycling, automobile and mass transit.
Ann Arbor SPARK
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL OF LIVINGSTON COUNTY (EDCLC)
Ann Arbor SPARK homepage
Economic Development Council of Livingston County homepage
In 2011 SPARK formalized a partnership with the Economic Development Council of Livingston County (EDCLC) to provide economic development services to businesses in the area. SPARK and the EDCLC are working to advance the economy of Livingston County as well as the Ann Arbor area.
The EDCLC is a non-profit agency dedicated to the creation and sustainability of economic opportunities in-sync with the quality of life and unique characteristics of Livingston County. It is a one-stop resource for businesses seeking growth in Livingston County.