A Message to Crime Victims: We realize being a victim of a crime can be very difficult for you. Victim Assistance is an effort to
help you return to your normal way of life. We provide the opportunity for you to speak of your worries and problems, and offer help.
Our services include:
- Providing information and help in filing for Michigan Crime Victim Compensation.
- Making referral to other community agencies for additional help.
- Giving information on how the court works and case status. (see Criminal/Juvenile Cases above for an explanation of how the court works)
- Accompanying a victim to court, upon their request.
- Providing and assisting with Victim Impact Statements.
- Helping with the return of personal property.
- Providing information and assistance in obtaining restitution.
- Informing the community about victim's rights.
- Emergency Victim Services.
If you are intimidated or threatened with physical violence by the defendant, CONTACT THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY
. If you are in need of further assistance, contact the Victim Right's Coordinator.
(Livingston Area Council Against Spouse Abuse) supports and shelters victimized adults and children, educates the community and encourages positive action.
Sheri Pummill - Victim/Witness Coordinator
Law Center Building - 210 S. Highlander Way, Howell MI 48843
Sheri Tays Pummill - Crime Victim Advocate
Renee Piche - Administrative Aide
Amanda Joseph - Administrative Aide