A Message to Crime Victims: We realize being a victim of a crime can be very difficult for you. Victim Assistance is an effort to
help you return to your normal way of life. We provide the opportunity for you to speak of your worries and problems, and offer help.
Our services include:
- Providing information and help in filing for Michigan
Crime Victim Compensation.
- Making referral to other community agencies for additional help.
- Giving information on how the court works and case status. (see Criminal/Juvenile Cases above for an explanation of how the court works)
- Accompanying a victim to court, upon their request.
- Providing and assisting with Victim Impact Statements.
- Helping with the return of personal property.
- Providing information and assistance in obtaining restitution.
- Informing the community about
Emergency Victim Services.
If you are intimidated or threatened with physical violence by the defendant,
Contact the Police Immediately
. If you are in need of further assistance, contact the Victim Right's Coordinator.
supports and shelters victimized adults and children, educates the community and encourages positive action.
For information about an offender's custody status or the status of a court case go to Michigan VINE Service
or call 1-800-770-7657.
Janice Carpenter - Victim Advocate
Law Center Building - 210 S. Highlander Way, Howell MI 48843
Tina Robinson - Administrative Aide/Subpoenas
Janet Simon - Administrative Aide