Special Procedures for Appearing in Court Related to COVID 19
The Livingston County Trial Courts are enacting the following measures related to public entry into court facilities:
Individuals will be required to wear a mask at all times while present in the courthouse unless otherwise instructed by the presiding judge.
The public will be asked to self-screen using posted screening questions prior to entering the court building. Screening questions will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Do you have a fever greater than 100.4 degrees?
2. Do you have a cough or worsening cough (excluding chronic cough due to known medical reason)?
3. Do you have shortness of breath?
4. Do you have at least two of the following symptoms:
• Repeated shaking with chills
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
5. Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
6. Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
Any individual responding "yes" to the screening questions will not be allowed to enter the courthouse. If you would answer "yes" to any of these questions when appearing at court as a witness or victim, please notify our office immediately.