Participants in the Explorer's Program get a real-life look at the career of a Deputy. The goal of the Explorer's Program Post 373 is to help develop young people into responsible, caring adults who may want to seek a career in law enforcement.
Some of the areas they experience are:
Processing of a mock crime scene
Conducting a mock trial in the old court house
Presentations from our K-9 Officers
Presentations from our Special Response Teams
Presentations from the DEA
Presentations from the County Dive Team
Presentations from the Medical Examiners Investigators
Overall functions of the Livingston County Sheriff's Office
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a minimum of a high school freshman to age 21.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.00.
- Maintained appropriate school attendance and behavior.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from school staff or law enforcement related professional accompanying your application.
- Limited space available, only those seriously considering a career in law enforcement should apply.
For additional information about the program, contact Deputy Brad Neff at (517) 546-4220 Ext. 4539 or BNeff@livgov.com