The Livingston County Sheriff's Office now offers one-stop service for Jail Services, Central Records and Reception Services. Our public entrance is located on the North end of the building (formerly the Jail entrance). We strongly recommend and encourage adults only in our lobby. Six individuals at a time are permitted. Masks and social distancing are required.
You must call (517) 546-2440 to schedule an appointment for fingerprints and SOR compliance.
Effective Monday, 02/22/2021, service to the public is available:
Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Purchase Permits - 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Applicant Fingerprints - 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Court-Ordered Fingerprints - 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- SOR Compliance - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Purchase Permits - 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Applicant Fingerprints - 7:00 AM to 4:00
- Court-Ordered Fingerprints - 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- SOR Compliance - 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Don't forget to take advantage of our Gun Registration drive-up Drop Box located just outside the Public Entrance!
If you prefer, you have the option to mail your Pistol Sales Record(s) to: LCSO, 150 S. Highlander Way, Howell MI 48843
The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to providing public safety excellence. In partnership with the community, we are committed to reducing crime, enforcing laws and ensuring a safe and secure jail while protecting the constitutional rights of all who live in, work in and visit the County of Livingston.
Honesty, Courtesy, and Integrity Will Not be Compromised.