You must call (517) 546-2440 to schedule an appointment for fingerprints and SOR compliance.
The Livingston County Sheriff's Office offers one-stop service for Jail Services, Central Records, and Reception Services. Our public entrance is located on the North end of the building.
Service Is Available:
Monday - Thursday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Purchase Permits - 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Applicant Fingerprints - 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Court-Ordered Fingerprints - 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- SOR Registration - 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Purchase Permits - 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Applicant Fingerprints - 7:30 AM to 4:30PM
- Court-Ordered Fingerprints - 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- SOR Registration - 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Don't forget to take advantage of our Gun Registration drive-up Drop Box located just outside the Public Entrance!
- If you prefer, you can mail your Pistol Sales Record(s) to: LCSO, 150 S. Highlander Way, Howell MI 48843
The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to providing public safety excellence. In partnership with the community, we are committed to reducing crime, enforcing laws and ensuring a safe and secure jail while protecting the constitutional rights of all who live in, work in and visit the County of Livingston.
Honesty, Courtesy, and Integrity Will Not be Compromised.
If you have received excellent Customer Service from one of our employees we would love to hear about it! Take a moment to recognize a Livingston County Employee today!