How to File a Complaint
Livingston County Sheriff / Animal Control Division
150 S Highlander Way
Howell, MI 48843
Map to our location
Ph: 517.546.2440
Fax: 517.545.9627
Emergencies: Call 911
Tip Line: 517.546.8477
Business Office Hours:
8 am - 5 pm
Closed County Holidays
Livingston County Jail
Ph: 517.546.2445
Fax: 517.546.1800

How to File a Complaint

For 'late reports', please call Central Dispatch at:  517.546.9111 (non-emergency) about your complaint. They will advise and send a Animal Control Deputy if needed.  If there is an animal emergency, such as an animal attacking a person, or a pet that is in immediate danger, please call 911. 
You will need to know the address where the incident occurred as well the address of your current location so that the Animal Control Deputy may respond to your actual location (if your in Livingston County) to take your report.
You are allowed one anonymous complaint on an address, after that you must give your name and phone number. 
We do not get involved in person to person disputes.  We are concerned with an animal's welfare.  If there is a dispute between two people, you need to call your local police department.