Will my Veteran ID Card replace my other military ID cards?,
No. Your Veteran ID Card Won't replace your Veteran Health Identification Card or your Department of Defense ID Card.
What other forms of ID can I use instead of a Veteran ID Card to get discounts at businesses?,
- A Veteran Health Identification Card
- A DoD Identification Card
What can't I use my Veteran ID Card for?,
- Prove your eligibility for any federal benefits
- Access military bases or installations
- Access military commissaries or exchanges
- Present as a form of identification at the airport
- Check into a VA hospital
- Show as proof of retirement from the Armed Forces
- Show as proof of wartime service to get a special license plate from the Secretary of State.
Which ID is the best one to have?,
It is personal preference. No one card will provide more privileges over the others. Usually it comes down to which ID is more convenient to obtain for the veteran.
Do I need to have a card?,
No. These cards are only if a veteran would like one for the purpose of discounts from participating retailers.